Thursday, September 5, 2013

Classroom Management

I am working on my art room class management.  

This year, I am going to use Class Dojo to track class behaviors, so I will explain how the class can earn points for positive behaviors or have points taken away for negative behaviors.  When the class reaches ten, twenty, thirty points, etc.,   they can choose a class reward such as no seating chart for a day, do a "Just Dance" activity, etc.

Ideas for class rewards that are free:


  • No seating chart for a day
  • Do the Cha Cha Slide
  • Make a Harlem Shake Video
  • Free Painting Day
  • Do a "Just Dance" 
  • Listen to jokes at the end of class
  • Watch a silly YouTube video
  • Light graffiti
Teach students the quiet signal.
  • I say, 1 2 3
  • They say, eyes on me
  • I say, 3 4
  • They say, we talk no more




No comments:

Post a Comment