Intro: Students will watch a video on mandalas which have radial symmetry.
Students will create a radial symmetry project that glows under a black light.
2nd and 3rd Grades: Students will learn about bilateral symmetry. They will draw the other half of their own faces.
1. Watch video that demonstrates Symmetry.
K and First Grades: Students will learn about symmetry.
1. Listen to A Pair Of Socks, by Stuart J. Kelley.
2. Smelly Socks by Robert Munsch
2. Students will design a symmetrical pair of socks.
- Pre trace a sock lightly with pencil on one side of a white paper. The students use paint dabbers to trace the sock and then fold to make a symmetrical print.